Raising a baby is expensive. As I had mentioned in my previous post, “Are You Ready for a Baby?” the average cost of a middle income family raising a child from birth until he or she is 18 is an estimated $226,920. And that’s without account for inflation.
Your baby’s health and happiness is important though, so should you splurge or save on your baby? I found a very cool graphic (thanks to BabyAuthority.com) that compares the pros and cons of baby essentials including:
- Disposable Diapers vs. Cloth Diapers
- Store Bought baby Food vs. Homemade Baby Food
- Regular Cribs vs. Convertible Cribs
- Formula Milk vs. Breast Milk
- New Baby Products vs. Secondhand Baby Products
- Designer Crib Bedding vs. Budget Crib Bedding
- Daycare vs. Grandparents Childcare
- Nanny Childcare vs. Stay at Home Mom Childcare
Check out the graphic below, and share your thoughts about the points made. I’d love to hear what you think!