Pregnant? And want to keep up with your baby’s development, your symptoms and more? There’s an app for that!
There are seriously apps for every walk of life. I’ve mentioned the best period tracker apps in a previous post that will help keep track of your menstrual cycles. For pregnant women, you have a huge array of paid and free apps to download on your iPhone or iPod touch. I’m a penny pincher, so I’m an advocate of free apps. You can even find free versions of paid apps – these typically have limited features, but they’re still pretty awesome. Free pregnancy apps are awesome and they are a wonderful way to keep track of your pregnancy.
While no iPhone app will make your pregnancy-related aches and pains go away, they do make keeping track of your pregnancy easier. In many cases, carrying around your iPhone or iPod touch is a heck of a lot easier than carrying a big ole pregnancy book. Pregnancy apps are awesome resources to help you survive your pregnancy. (There are also comparable Android pregnancy apps, but this article is mostly focused on free iPhone and iPad apps.)
Top Free Pregnancy Apps
Here is my top 10 FREE pregnancy apps to help pregnant moms survive their 40 weeks of pregnancy. (You can download these apps easily from the iTunes store. The app links are in red, and they will take you to the iTunes store. You can also search their names in the App store on your iPhone or iPod touch.)
1.BabyBump Free is a nifty pregnancy app that makes it easy for you to keep track of your pregnancy. From the daily and weekly information and photos of your baby’s development to the personalized pregnancy countdown with a progress bar, you will absolutely love this free app. This free iPhone pregnancy app also gives you a list of common pregnancy symptoms, bodily changes, and food cravings that you should expect each week. You can keep track of your daily weight gain, symptoms, and more.
BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today
2. BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today is a free app from one of the most respected authorities on pregnancy. This app helps keep you up-to-date on your pregnancy day by day, how your body’s changing, fetal development (photos included), pregnancy checklist, free pregnancy videos, nutrition guide, and pregnancy progress tracker. You can get BabyCenter’s expert advice away from the computer and on the go. Pretty awesome!
I’m Expecting – Pregnancy App
3. I’m Expecting – Pregnancy App is a must-have for any pregnant woman. This free pregnancy app lets you track your symptoms, your pregnancy weight gain, doctor’s appointments, and more. It gives you weekly updates on your baby’s growth and development, expert advice on how to alleviate common pregnancy symptoms, and information on what’s happening in your body week by week. You can even take photos of your growing tummy every week and create a slideshow.
Pregnancy Tracker – What to Expect
4.Pregnancy Tracker from What to Expect is the perfect companion to the bestselling pregnancy book, What to Expect When You’re Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. Keep track of pregnancy with this absolutely free pregnancy app! Available from the iTunes store, Pregnancy Tracker from What to Expect features a due date calculator, week by week details of your baby’s growth and development, illustrations of your baby’s development, updates on body changes to expect, countdown to your due date and more.
Fertility and Pregnancy Calculator
4. Fertility and Pregnancy Calculator is a useful app for both pregnant women and women trying to conceive. If you’re trying to get pregnant, this free app helps calculate your ovulation date and fertile days, and it even tells you when to make love to improve your chance at pregnancy. For pregnant women, it allows you to keep up-to-date on when important pregnancy tests should be done, and when pregnancy events occur. This free pregnancy app was developed by the OB/GYN Dr. Amos Grunebaum in collaboration with BabyMed.com. Check it out!
Pregnancy Buzz by the Bump
5. Pregnancy Buzz by the Bump is a very creative and cute pregnancy app that keeps expectant mamas informed at every stage of their pregnancy. This free app from the creators of TheBump.com gives you expert tips and advice on everything you might want to know – including what’s safe to eat (and what foods to avoid), what to expect at your prenatal visits, and almost anything you want to know. You can search questions from other concerned moms-to-be, and you can even ask your own pregnancy questions and get answers from the community. This is a nifty pregnancy app for pregnant women – well-designed and best of all, free.
Pregnancy and Baby Development
6. Pregnancy and Baby Development by Modality, Inc. is a cool app that lets you follow your baby’s life from the day of conception through the first year of his or her life. This pregnancy and baby app features high quality videos, commentary from a renowned doctor, Dr. Deepak Chopra, MD. You’ll also get access to helpful tools like a conception calendar, due date calculator, and a database of popular baby names. You can follow your baby’s week-by-week development inside the womb (with gorgeous images from the experts at TheVisualMD), and you’ll get a month-by-month infant development overview for the first year of life.
Pregnancy Tracker Free
7. Pregnancy Tracker Free by Deltaworks is another free app for the iPhone or iPod touch that lets you keep track of your pregnancy. Using the date of your last menstrual period, you can automatically calculate your due date. You can also record your daily weight and waist measurements – so you can try to stay within the recommended weight gain fro your size. In addition, you can also keep track of your emotions and feelings and upcoming doctor’s appointments. This free pregnancy app also features a kick counter, so you can count kicks in the final trimester. When you start to have contractions, you can keep track of contractions by duration or interval and share this information with your doctor! It’s pretty awesome.
Weekly Guide to Pregnancy
8. Weekly Guide to Pregnancy from Essential Baby is a useful tool that allows you to learn about your pregnancy week by week. You choose your due date, and you can track your baby’s development with diagrams of his or her growth and development. You’ll also learn about the pregnancy symptoms you’ll experience in each stage of pregnancy, and there is a safe food guide to help you plan your meals. Another feature of this free pregnancy app is the exercise guide for pregnant women.
9. Baby Names by Schatzisoft isn’t exactly a pregnancy app, but it’s quite useful when you’re expecting. Coming up with baby names can be hard, and this app has over 25,000 boy and girl names for you to browse. The free version doesn’t give you the detailed information about each name (the paid version does), but it does let you browse the names by country of origin, popularity, and gender.
Pregnancy and Baby Care
10. Pregnancy and Baby Care by Bounty gives you a portable guide to information about pregnancy, baby care, health and lifestyle, food and nutrition. You will get a ton of expert advice to help support you through pregnancy and taking care of a new baby. You will also get the latest pregnancy and baby news, tutorials, and other helpful info.
Recommended Pregnancy and Baby Products
If you’re pregnant and looking for awesome pregnancy and baby products, take a browse at Hip Chick’s Guide to Pregnancy and Baby Store – where I’ve handpicked my favorite products for women trying to conceive, moms-to-be, and baby essentials. Check it out.
sometimes technology can do a magic, it can do well in helping you take care well of yourself in pregnancy time
Clomid has side effect. but there are better herbs tincture that will help with infertility problem. Restore your period, hormonal imbalance, fallopian tube, scar issue, not ovulating, all increase your fertility and get pregnant.You can reach Eka (dreka14demons@gmail.Com)
all the light we cannot see says
I will immediately seize your rss feed as I can’t in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Is it OK to share on Twitter? Keep up the superb work!
My wife is using PregBook:
She finds it quite good
make money from home says
As the admin of this website is working, no
question very quickly it will be famous, due to its feature contents.
how to get free stuff online says
Good blog you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find high quality
writing like yours these days. I seriously appreciate people like you!
plus one foundry says
I know this web site presents quality based content and other material, is there any other
web page which gives such stuff in quality?
Hmm it seems like your site ate my first
comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your
blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but
I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate it.
I constantly spent my half an hour to read this weblog’s content daily along with a cup of coffee.
broadband costa blanca slu says
Hello would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re
working with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say
this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good
web hosting provider at a fair price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
Linda Yardy says
There are many pregnancy application available in the market but you should go with those who are suggested by Experts. RCGP’s recommended pregnancy website Emma’s Diary has a mobile app which you should go for, visit http://kodime.com/emma-s-diary-mobile-app.
wga intellectual property registry says
The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to
see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be
a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
I know this is totally off topic but I
had to share it with someone!
I’ve been surfing online greater than three hours
today, yet I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It is beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made
good content as you did, the net shall be a lot more helpful than ever before.
Valuable info. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and
I am shocked why this
accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.
I have been checking out many of your articles and it’s clever stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your website.
Hello! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your
posts! Keep up the fantastic work!
Fantastic site you have here but I was wanting
to know if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed here?
I’d really love to
be a part of community where I can get responses from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any
suggestions, please let me know. Bless you!
barcelona zycie says
Nearly all of what you assert is astonishingly
precise and it makes me ponder the reason why I had not
looked at this in this light before. Your article truly did
switch the light on for me as far as this specific topic goes.
But there is actually 1 issue I am not really too comfortable with
and while I try to reconcile that with the core
idea of your issue, permit me see what the
rest of the readers have to say.Nicely done.
another app http://www.apptorium.com/products/thebaby It’s not free but costs only 0.99
Ultimate Appster says
Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I’m happy to find a lot of useful information here in the put up, we want develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
Andy Dunn says
My wife wanted me to write her an app which monitors our babys sleep patterns while she’s pregnant so that we have half an idea of how little sleep we’re likely to get when we have her !
After using it for a few days it turns out that she sleeps during the day a lot, and is awake mostly throughout the night..
If anyone else is interested in working out their fetal sleep patterns you can download it here:
iPhone Apps says
more download links here http://www.machaks.com/download-pregnancy-tracker-apps-free.html
It’s a pity. Germany’s leading pregnancy app “mommy to be” not on the list: http://www.my3dots.com
Very good list of apps for pregnant ladys. I want to add and one which will be useful and for father. It name is Mybabyface, this app can show how will look like your baby based on a treat of mom, dad and their parents app is very easy to use it has a good design. You can find more info in our website: http://mybabyface.info and also in apple store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mybabyface/id476364289?ls=1&mt=8
Sara Reed says
Pregnancy Apps Contest: Best Pregnancy Mobile App Idea Wins $150
I really enjoy reading your blog and want to share this contest with you. You know, there are so many different pregnancy apps available for Android, Apple and other mobile devices. We want to hear your ideas and your readers’ suggestions!
Tell us your idea for a pregnancy app that you would love to have!
Pregnancy Apps Contest: Best Pregnancy Mobile App Idea Wins $150
In 200 words or less, describe your pregnancy app idea for the chance to win $150 gift certificate for Amazon.
Entries will be accepted till February 14, 2012 at 12pm EST. 18+, International
Share the joy.
Let me know what you think.
It’s spooky how clever some ppl are. Thsnak!
ohne geld kredit online says
You just put everything I've been thinking into words. I saw it again yesterday and I have plans to see it a 3rd time with my mother-in-law. After seeing it again, my 2 thoughts were: I want to read Breaking Dawn again and I kinda feel for Jacob in these movies. I love Edward too, but Jacob was very convincing.Gosh, I'm back in the nerdiness as well. Glad to see I'm not alone.
I found one that is really helpful with pregnancy symptoms to know if it’s an emergency or not
it is called Pregnancy SOS – but it’s only for iphone (in the app store)
Have you used watch me change pregnancy? It’s pretty fun – it creates a time lapse video of your body changing.
An amazing new app “My baby’s beat” was released just a few days ago – it allows pregnant woman to hear their baby’s heart beat, just like fetal monitor!
The app is based on the iPhone microphone and requires no added hardware!
The interesting thing about it , is that the app recommends every time for you to switch for “AIRPLANE MODE” to shut down all communication and transmission from the iPhone , hence turning the iPhone into a very sensitive microphone , with no emit of any kind of radiation (normal fetal monitor always emits waves and any doctor will tell you not to over use them…)
There’s a new amazing App I’ve just downloaded. It’s Called My Baby’s Beat and it enables you to listen and record your fetus heartbeat. Just heard my baby boy. Exciting!
forgot to say I have an iPhone…
What a helpful post! Love it, I’m gonna share it with my mommy to be friends. I’m expecting baby #2 also. I got your comment from Bloggy Moms. I’m following you now. Here’s my blog: http://anirishitalianblessing.blogspot.com/
I’m not having any more kids but I have a few friends who are. I’m passing it along!