Guest Writing Policy
Thank you for your interest in writing a guest post for Hip Chick’s Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies.
I am always looking for quality articles from my fellow parenting bloggers and other writers who want their name out there. Because my blog receives a lot of daily traffic, I get pitched a lot of guest posts – many that I can’t use, or that are poorly written. For this reason, I have to decline some guest posts. I do apologize for this, but I want high quality, original articles that will benefit my readers and that will bring more traffic to my site.
Why I Decline Posts
The main reasons that I may decline your posts include:
- You are just pitching me from a huge list of people. Your letter isn’t original to me. I do not reply to emails that start with, “Dear Webmaster” or something similar. They are very spammy, and you obviously didn’t do your research. My name is on everything I write.
- The guest post is something that I have already published. You have proven that you haven’t read my blog, or even taken the time to research to see if that I’ve published this topic before.
- Your writing reads like a non-native English speaker. I do not mean to discriminate, but I’m a writer, so I need your writing to sparkle and sound like you’re speaking to me, not an article that you’ve inserted into Google Translator.
For the benefit of my readers, I will not publish your guest post if your website is spammy in anyway. If you run a legitimate company or website, you will be fine. But if your sole purpose is to be a spammer, please do NOT contact me.
Guidelines to Get Published on My Blog
To help you have a successful pitch, I have put together these guidelines and suggestions. Again, I must emphasize that I am looking for original, high quality content that is informative and helpful to my blog audience.
If you want your guest post to be published on Hip Chick’s Guide to PMS, Pregnancy and Babies, I highly recommend that your post meets the minimum requirements:
- High-quality writing that offers practical advice to moms-to-be, new mothers, and interested readers will enjoy reading.
- At minimum, the word count needs to be 500 words. The higher the word count, the better.
- Your submission needs to include a headline, body text, and a short author bio (include your headshot and ONE link back to your blog or website).
- Your text should NOT infringe on any copyright or trademark laws. I copyscape all my guest posts, so I will catch you if you have swiped this from somewhere else.
- Your post needs to be original, not previously published anywhere else, and be exclusive to my site alone. It cannot be re-published in the future. You are welcome to write about the same topic elsewhere, but the post that you provide me should have original writing.
You are welcome to write on any topic that you want – as long as I haven’t written about the same topic in the past, and as long as it fits within one of my blog categories.
For all my blog posts, I always find a stock image to go along with your text. You are welcome to provide me a photograph, as long as you own the rights to it.
I also will edit your posts. I may change the titles, add subtitles where I see fit, and I may even add information that I think would enhance the overall article. After publication, I will send you a link to your guest post. You are welcome to suggest any changes.
How to Submit
If you have any questions about this policy, don’t hesitate to email me. The guidelines are similar to any other guest blogging guidelines you may find elsewhere.
To submit your guest post, please email me at dp(at)mypregnancybaby.com. You may attach a document with your text, or just copy and paste it into the email Attach all photos to the email. If you aren’t sure about the topic, you are also welcome to run any topics you want by me, and I’ll let you know the one that I’m most interested in.
I accept guest posts to help other newbie mom bloggers and websites out. If your website is just looking for links, you may request a sponsored post. My rate is $30 per post of 300 words. I am a resource to help other bloggers, not free link exchange for companies. I am sorry for the inconvenience.